NITDA Scholarship 2021/2022
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has as its mandate to develop and regulate the Information Technology in Nigeria.
Developing and regulating IT would aid in the transformation of Nigeria into an IT-driven economy, which would help the country compete globally and meet the critical demand for digital literacy.
Since 2010, the Agency has run a scholarship program for Masters and Doctoral degrees in relevant fields of Information Technology (IT) and ICT Law in Nigerian (both public and private) universities.
This is one of Nigeria’s most prestigious scholarship schemes for Master’s (MSc) and Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) applicants in information technology-related subjects.
The scholarship scheme aims at promoting proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters Levels. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State including the FCT at Masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone at Doctorate level. This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria.
- To produce globally competitive human capital in the area of ICT.
- To provide opportunities for Nigerian youths to achieve their dreams especially in the area of ICT.
- Create jobs/wealth in IT related field.
- Provide alternative source of revenue for Nigeria from natural resource-based to knowledge-based.
- The Agency places an advert in two National dailies.
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which will be open for 6 weeks from the date of advent.
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is equally distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 states and FCT for MSc.
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
PhD: University/Polytechnic lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
MSc: All citizens of Nigeria with First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honors Bachelor’s degree, (B.Sc) in Information Technology related field and have not previously benefited from the Agency’s Scholarship Scheme.
- To be eligible for admission, applicants must be Nigerians.
- The candidate must be willing to study in higher education institutions, whether they are federal, state, or private, as long as the higher education institution is located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in an ICT-related subject to be considered.
- Candidates must have a First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honors Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in a discipline linked to information technology.
- During their undergraduate degree program, the candidate must have received a qualification in a discipline linked to ICT.
- Candidates for this fellowship must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in an ICT-related subject.
PROCEDURES FOR THE NITDA SCHOLARSHIP 2021/2022
- To select who will get the Award, a detailed aptitude test will be administered.
- Only those candidates who are deemed to be eligible will be shortlisted and notified.
- The NITDA Scholarship Award is given only on the basis of merit and is divided equally across the 36 states of the Federation, including the Federal Capital Territory.
- Candidates must apply for the scholarship on or before the deadline of the six-week registration window period in order for their application to be considered for selection.
- Review former NITDA Scholarship questions to aid your preparation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NITDA SHOLARSHIP 2021/2022
Applicants can visit scholarship portal
Applicants can also visit NITDA portal